Achieving a straight blowout may seem like the most basic of hairstyling skills, but as anyone with even the slightest bend in their hair can tell you, it’s a lot harder than it looks. There’s a few trade secrets, however, that can make it easier to get that smooth-as-glass finish. We’re taking a closer look at this “harder-than-it-seems” hairstyle, to get you prepared for your best blowout.
As with any good style, the foundation is healthy, happy hair. In no case is that more true than when you are going for the ultra straight look. If your hair lacks moisture or is in need of some repair, you’ll want to start by addressing those issues in your care routine.
The number one detractor from a super-straight blow out is frizz. While there are many different contributing factors to frizzy hair, it is often symptomatic of a larger hair health issue. Typically, the cuticle of your hair has been “roughed up, causing it to grab onto moisture in the air and hang on for dear life. Luckily, Lifestyling Amazing exists. this quick-fix spray takes care of frizz, smooths the cuticle and gives a super-slick shine. It even lasts through 2 shampoos, giving your blowout a little extra life.
For a Super Straight & Sleek Blowout
Must-Have: Lifestyling Amazing
You will need: A comb, 4 hair clips, a blowdryer with nozzle attachment (preferred) and a large, round brush.
1. Spray Lifestyling Amazing throughout damp hair.
2. Comb through to distribute evenly.
3. Section off hair in to 4 sections:
- Section 1 is the top and front—create a horizontal parting at the crown of your head. It should look like an arch going from the tip of one ear to the other. Gather all of the hair from your front hairline to the crown into one section. Twist and clip to the very top of your head.
- Create a second horizontal part from the mid-point of one ear to the other. Your hair should now be in three horizontal sections.
- Split the middle section in half vertically. Twist and clip each side to your head.
4. Starting with the bottom section, take two-inch sections of hair and wrap around a large barrel round brush.
5. Apply flight tension and point your dryer nozzle down. Starting at the root, “unroll” the hard as you follow with the dryer nozzle.
6. Once you reach the end of the section, unroll slowly. Before your release, seal in your style with a quick blast of cool air form your dryer.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for each section, working from the bottom to the top of your head.
Be sure to dry your hair thoroughly—and we do mean thoroughly—with the dryer, in order to maintain a super-smooth finish. While it may take some time (depending on the density of your hair to achieve an ultra smooth blow-out, your hard work will be rewarded. Using Lifestyling Amazing prior to blow-drying will not only smooth your hair, but it will give you a healthy, mirror-like shine that will last you through two shampoos. After all, quality over quantity is what it’s all about when it comes to styling.